Friday, November 14, 2008

Maybe...















I was telling the Lord last week, after a particularly tough day with Micah, that I really thought He and Britt were wrong
about me being fit to home-school Micah. Look at the spontaneous ideas He's given me this week to prove me wrong. 1. Micah has initiated getting to know the sounds letters make and has most of them down. I'm doing what I can to encourage this. Three mornings this week Micah has explored a bucket full of things starting with a particular letter of the alphabet and then we've talked about that letter and the sounds it makes.
2. I've always been concerned about what she'd do, while Micah and I were doing home school stuff. We played with beans and Elisha joined us fairly successfully.
3. Today took the cake. I filled the bucket full of things starting with C, including a book called Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, in which the letters climb up and then fall out of the coconut tree. We made a coconut tree for our fridge and used the Leapfrog letters to reenact the book. That idea couldn't have come from me if I had stood on my head trying to come up with a creative idea. Micah loved making the letters fall all over the kitchen floor!
So here I am admitting, that I might actually be able to home-school my very intelligent, determined, creative first born, with the Lord's help and the support of my husband, family and friends. Lord, you really are sovereign and you certainly have a sense of humor! :)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I have no doubt at all that you will be able to homeschoool Micah. The Lord gives such awesome ideas when we ask!

Becca said...

Thanks!