Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Mantel Blessing

We've lived in our house for 11+ months now. The whole time I have wanted to have something pretty on the mantel. I put things up there that worked okay from what we already had. I know it's petty and not very important in the grand scheme of life. It certainly hasn't been a financial priority. That being said, the Lord really blessed me with the items on my mantel. It looks so much homier now and makes me smile. It looks like someone actually put some thought into it. It's not spectacular, but I like it. Here's how God did it. With two unexpected checks - one from the CDC for doing a survey about newborns and one from a settlement having something to do with using credit cards overseas - I was able to purchase the three big candle holders and the bamboo. Both I watched until they were 50% off at different stores. The little candle holder and the candles were purchased with a gift certificate someone had given me. The big mirror my mother bought me when we lived in our last apartment to cover up an electrical box in our entry way. Amazing! Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with something pretty that I really do not need!

1 comment:

Blues and Greens said...

I celebrate your hominess (not homeyness :) ) and the creative way God provided it. :)